Published Admission Number 2021/2022: Year 3: 120
From September 2006 Essex Local Authority have co-ordinated arrangements for admissions to primary/junior schools within its jurisdiction. There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area.
For the 2021/2022 Academic Year, parents of pupils in Year 2 who wish to apply for a place at Alton Park Junior School need to make a formal application and submit this to the Local Authority by the statutory national closing date of 15th January 2021. Parents/Carers can apply on line on the website www.essex.gov.uk/ admissions or telephoning 0845 603 2200 to request a common application form.
In the event of over-subscription any remaining places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given*:
- Looked After Children
- Children with a sibling attending the school or a sibling attending Oakwood Infant and Nursery School (our partner infant school)
- Children living in the priority admission area
- Children who attend Oakwood Infant and Nursery School
- Children of staff
- Proximity of the home to the school
Children with an Education Health Care Plan that name a specific school are required to be admitted to the school that is named.
Agreement for children living in the priority admission area
The LA may, in exceptional circumstances, offer places above the published admission number (during and after the normal time of admission): if the journey to the next nearest school with a space is not reasonable in terms of distance, accessibility or cost.
Looked After Children
- A ‘Looked After Child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being ‘looked after’ became subject to an adoption, Residence or Special Guardianship Order. A Looked After Child is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (as defined in Section 22 (1) of the Children Act 1989).
For mid-year applications, offers must be accepted within 10 school days of the date of the offer letter sent by the Local Authority to the parent, otherwise the application will be deemed to have lapsed.
Further applications and the School Waiting List will be considered when places at the school become available. Any child not admitted will be placed on the Waiting List where they will be ranked in the appropriate year group according to the same criteria as apply to new applicants.
The school will establish arrangements for appeals against non-admissions which are independent. Details of admission and appeal arrangements will be published each year.
To download this policy document, please click on the file below:-ADMISSIONS POLICY 2021/2022