Information Report and Local Offer Information
About the Local Offer
Essex Local Offer (Extract from www.essexlocaloffer.org.uk)
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer will:
- Give you information about education, health and care services
- Give you information about leisure activities and support groups
- Hold all the information in one place
- Be clear, comprehensive and accessible
- Make service provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations
- Be developed and reviewed with the service providers and service users
Who is it for?
The Local Offer is for:
- Children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)
- Children and young people from birth to 25 years
- Their parents and carers
- Practitioners and professionals
How will it help me?
The Local offer will:
- Make it easier to find out what you need to know
- Help you to be less dependent on other people or word of mouth
- Help you find the nearest and most suitable services
- Help you to ask the rights questions
- Help you to provide feedback about what is needed, raise concerns or make a complaint.