At the end of every school year, each year group has a beach day (weather permitting) as a treat for all the hard work the children have put in over the last academic year. The dates for each year group have been confirmed as follows:-
- Year 3: Thursday, 19th July;
- Year 4: Monday, 16th July;
- Year 5: Wednesday, 18th July;
- Year 6: Thursday, 19th July.
The format for the day will vary slightly from year group to year group so it is important that you read the letters sent home with children (or select and click on the blue buttons below for the relevant year group) but the common instructions are:-
- Children do not need to wear school uniform but should wear beach-appropriate clothing. As the British weather is unreliable this should include:-
- something warm;
- a t-shirt that covers shoulders to help prevent burning;
- suncream to apply throughout the day;
- sensible shoes or trainers for walking to and from the beach (no flip-flops please);
- sun hat.
2. Children can also take buckets and spades which will be their sole responsibility so please ensure they are named.
The letters will detail whether children should bring a packed lunch or, in some cases, they may be able to pre-order food but, again, please check the appropriate beach day letter for your child’s year group.
We hope they all have a fun day.